I lay upside down on the stairs
to see the ceiling
and to be nowhere that I could explain.
Blood is rushing to my head. And gravity is pulling me long. I don't have to stay here, I could fall. Yet I hum in my toes to keep me in my spot. The ceiling light has never been looked at in this angle. I am sure she does not appreciate my admiration of her unseen darkness. I am sure the carpet does not desire me to give it the experience of shoulders, and calves. As if I am gracing him with more life than he was made for. I cannot explain how I got here. I was walking up to find a place to hide and stopped here. In plain sight. A sight seen that does not give any clue as to what I was thinking. Clearly purposeful. Clearly thought out. Clearly I had to put myself here, and keep myself here. An experiment with being somewhere I am not supposed to be with no danger but falling.
No comments:
Post a Comment