Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Light

I'd like to be grateful for everyone who has been in my life. I think that it's hardest to do this with people that I have had romantic interest in; mainly those I have had romantic and failed situations. Yet if I can send them all some light and move on I'll have progressed. So let's give it a try.

First there is Canada, my first love. I am grateful to him for being an excellent tragedy. He gave me my Romeo and Juliet romance. He gave me my first crying to the Gods in the hot sun break up, and he was really just a great gentleman. I admired him and he treated me well. I am grateful for him.

Next we have a big hole in my heart. Let's call him bestfriend simply because that's why he's perfect. We'll never date but I think I will always love him. I am grateful for him for showing me what I want in the person I want to be in love with. He's an amazing man, and I thank him for being such a good friend. I am grateful for him.

Next we have The Rebel. He gave me so much. He gave me insight into myself. He gave me a desire to question what I've blindly accepted. And mostly he gave me the standing in the rain crying "I want to help you, I want to be the one that's there for you, I want to help you figure it out" moment. That's something that every girl needs. Honestly I can never regret a single thing about that entire relationship because of that memory. I am grateful for him.

Then the Mexican, not racist because he is. I am grateful for him because he reminded me that there are guys that don't cheat. That honestly think they mean they only want you when they kiss you. And I am grateful for him reminding me that honesty in a relationship is really the easiest and only option. I am thankful for him.

Last, last is last. And he is the only one, I think, that has loved me unconditionally. And I haven't deserved it. So I am grateful for him.

This has made me feel absolutely buoyant

Obrigado amantes.

No comments:

Post a Comment