Saturday, December 15, 2012
12.13.12
It's hard not to be sad for selfish reasons when tragedy happens. I cried because of the what if this had happened to my baby brother? Or how can I live in such a horrible place? It's hard to remember that it's someone else's worst day, someone else's nightmare, it's someone else's unimaginable pain. It's good to mourn with them, to be saddened for them, and all of humanity, and the world. It's okay to wonder why it happened, or if it could be stopped. Working together to try to make sure it never happens again is healthy. There has to be a reaction. Blame and hate spread too quickly. It's easy to blame God, or sin, or evil. To hate guns, the shooter, the system. How will that help? I hope I can hold onto that. The peace I feel knowing that there must be a solution that doesn't harbor hate, fear, and blame. I felt plenty of anger, and plenty of fear for this tragedy and others like it but I hope to hold onto the hope that we can change, that we can learn, that we can heal and even grow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment