dear god,
I am blessed because there is no bubblegum rum.
I am blessed because today I didn't starve to death on my way to get water in my waterbottle shoes.
I am blessed because nobody I know has died of cancer, or is dying of cancer and even if they are they haven't told me about it so I'm not currently sad about it.
I am blessed because I was not born into a life of crime, and my life is hardly ever in the hands of angry drug lords, or mafia, or other criminal affiliations.
I am blessed because I am not dying of anything more than life.
I am blessed because my sexual orientation is not one that will get me kicked out of my family or publicly attacked, and even when it is I can blame liquor cause I'm a girl.
I am blessed because I am literate.
I am blessed because I"m not really that bad to look at when I've showered, and like pinched my cheeks or whatever.
I am blessed because I have so much going for me that I can spend all of my efforts feeding my self loathing and mental depression allowing it to grow and fester in a habitat that only a life of health, America, and the middle class can provide.
I am blessed because I have this simple phrase "I am blessed" to remind me that not everyone in the world has two ears, or a straight spine, or unwebbed fingers, or an uncle who doesn't molest them, or parents that don't put them in the middle of ugly divorces, or healthy siblings, living siblings, happy people to look at every day, change to give to the city homeless, faucets with pipes and hot water, carpets, tumor free lungs, etc.
I am so blessed because I can blog out my brain damage and feed it to the internet.
I am blessed because I sew.
I sew blessed.
ha
EDIT: I do now know someone who "might be dying of cancer." But I'm still blessed because I'm not actually sad about it. Or maybe I'm dammed. Yeah probably I'm dammed.
No comments:
Post a Comment